Thursday, August 6, 2015

Goth Girls and a rooster, not together.

August already. How times flies! And the older you get, the faster it goes. Then again, I'm not a big fan of the heat so I don't really mind if July and August sort of flash quickly by. I'm one of those weird people who prefer cooler weather, even tons of snow (only until March though). I work in my loft though, on the third floor. Our home is air conditioned but it sure doesn't reach all the way up here. This is why I'm longing for September, when I can once again create in a room that doesn't feel like a sauna. My drawing arm sticks to the table due to sweat. It's pretty gross.

Anyway, enough heat whining. Here's a set of art cards in goth girl style. These are done in marker and ink and are for a trade on IllustratedATCs.com, my favorite trading place.

I haven't been posting a lot since I've been pretty busy this year but I have been making lots of art - some for work, some to sell and lots to trade as always. I wish I could be a better blogger but I struggle with it. Well.... mostly I struggle with time management, lol.

Here's a bit of random stuff I've done over the past couple of months: A colorful rooster acrylic painting on canvas for a rooster lover. The pretty, pink peonies are for a graphic set I sell (available on Etsy). They're drawn and colored digitally.

Oh! I made a new coloring book, this one is filled with retro style pin up girls. But they're all nudes so don't click if that sort of thing isn't your thing. :)


Happy PPF! I hope everyone is having a great summer with family and friends and making lots of great art too. :)








24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous goth girls! And love your rooster - the reds, blues and oranges are richly vibrant! So talented with your colouring books. I cant wait for September too....our SPRING!!!! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work! Happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, I love their faces! ♥ It has not been as I was dreading around here, regarding the heat... usually we are in the late 90s but this past couple of days only in the 80s. Not complaining though! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fanulous atwork Sal! Keep cool!
    We have so much heat here as well!
    Happy PPF!
    Missed you - good to hear that all is well and you are making art!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art pieces.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous art cards they make a wonderful set.
    Happy PPF
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is beautiful. I love the different styles you have, combining both digital and hand painted art. I don't know much about digital but I'm guessing it's perfect for creating those adult colouring books that have taken the world by storm (I love that your colouring book is adult colouring book as well as a colouring book for adults! and of course I had to take a peek - beautiful illustrations!) Your rooster is fantastic - love the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your rooster! Whoever commissioned it is getting a treasure. Your goth girls are beautifully done too. You do gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pieces ~ one and all ~ though, as a keeper of chooks, I'm especially fond of the rooster!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your flowers, my niece would love your goth girl cards, can't say it's my style lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The girls are awesome! And I love that you shared your delicate pink peonies, too. Such a contrast. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is awesome. Love you rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw your Gothic Girls, the upper left made me think of Abby from NCIS. Love your rooster too. All great and unique talent. From Gothic, to roosters, to soft flowers, YOU got it all. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your work. I hadn't stopped by in a while, and I can see you've branched out tremendously. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't beat yourself up, blogging takes a LOT of time!! Creating the work is a much better idea and share it when you can! Gorgeous piece and love the goth girls so much! Rooster is pretty fun too!! As for the heat I am with you one hundred percent...give me fall and winter...makes me happy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your goth girls and the rooster! I don't much care for heat either.I'm in Baltimore and don't go swimming until 7pm too hot. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  17. That rooster looks fantastic! I love how bright it is. The flowers are lovely as well!

    http://quaintful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hooray for overcoming a sweaty drawing arm! I am with you, too much heat is not good for much! I love these terrific Goth girls with your excellent faces and hair and details. And always a lovely variety of posing and personality. The rooster is gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Estupendas imágenes... Una maravilla... Un saludo desde Murcia....

    ReplyDelete
  20. your work is absolutely divers! I love it all! Happy PPf - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats for being featured on PPF!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I am from N.Y but have been living in Virginia for the last many years and I still can't get used to the damn heat and humidity. I understand the sticky stuff and finding the time to blog. Love the detail in your girls, Love your illustration style. Congrats on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your work! Awesome rooster and found you from your rooster being spotlighted on today's PPF!!! Congrats and you have a new follower! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your girls are very well done and that rooster is just gorgeous. Congrats on being featured at PPF.

    ReplyDelete