Thursday, February 2, 2017

29 Faces and diners



It's time for 29 Faces again! Woo! I always love this one... not that I get far, but faces are just fun, right? I think I made it to 29 faces a few years back, and my fingers are primed to reach for that goal again this year.  I'm going to try a few styles for this set of art and see where things go. As you can see, I've gone completely different for my first two. It will keep things interesting!

Below is a journal page for the Journal52 group. This week's prompt was listen and I went more with conversation, which also includes listening skills (for most of us... except my very talkative mother - still love her!). I've always liked diner counters but you don't see a lot of them anymore, except in movies. It was my favourite spot to sit as a kid but they're pretty rare in coffee shops now. Sadly.


I also did the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge for January and I'm counting that challenge met too. Ok, I only did 22 actual paintings but they were all 5" x 7" or more, plus I painted tons of watercolor sheets for work so they count. I figure it all adds up to 30! Here's the big image of all of them, except the work stuff.


I have to get all of the art challenges out of the way before March since Mass Effect Andromeda comes out then. I will be glued to my computer, hopefully fake romancing some hot alien and saving humanity.

Happy PPF!



19 comments:

  1. Wow your art is so interesting! Beautiful colors and a unique view! You have accomplished so much already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your art is quite exciting! I love the listening guys at the counter! Such personalities!!!congrats on meeting all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and colourful projects!Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab art. Good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your portraits are fine, especially like the men. It's hilarious.
    Happy PPT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and colourful. Beautiful art - each one. I particularly like the "Living in Hope Eternal..." Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing your art. It is so full of life, color and imagination. I too love 29 faces but won't be around to join in this time. Have a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your artwork! Must say "conversation" is wonderful. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. your work is beautiful, such realistic faces too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful faces and amazing collage of the 30 days challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you're doing the 29 fqaces challenge! I love your faces. I also like that you try out different styles. That second one with the blue hair is just gorgeous. Those eyes ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great start on the 29! I enjoyed seeing the composite of paintings. I only wish they had shown larger. There were a couple I wanted to view closeup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is always stunning! Your style so recognizable as you! I just love the whimsy too! Wow I am always in awe of you!! Incredible work!! Love your faces!! Cant wait to see what else you come up with!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love colours on your art pieces. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and colorful as always. Particularly love the offbeat style of that first woman with blue hair and striped collar and flowers. So many gorgeous paintings! omigosh those monsters! And love that woman with the crazy glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that first portrait - the contrast between the shaded detail of the face with the rest of the piece is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the lady with the blue hair. Very Lady Ga Ga.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete